We humans are curious critters aren’t we? One of the things I love about meeting new people is discovering something we have in common. Realizing that got me thinking: What are things can I share about myself that would spark a fun, interesting conversation. In the spirit of sharing, here are a few of the things that come to my mind:
- Favorite TV shows as a toddler: Lawrence Welk and Star Trek. Least favorite: Mr. Rogers (I would yell at the TV when he was on).
- I was afraid of the “P” man in the ‘80s PBS logo.
- My first concert: Bobbie Vinton, the Polish Prince (This may explain my track record for dating several Polish guys . . . and marrying one).
- Age 6: I threw the first boy who kissed me into a snow bank after he did it. Today, he’s one of my longest-standing and most loyal friends (lucky for me he forgives easily).
- I rubbed elbows with two of the three This Old House hosts: Steve Thomas and Kevin O’Connor. Kevin’s twins were born on the same day and in the same hospital as my oldest daughter; we met him in the hallway of the hospital.
- Three years after I moved off campus, my husband lived on the same floor of the same dorm at UMass Amherst as I did (remarkable given the number of students and available residential options).
- I’m on a mission to rid the world of the word “utilize”.
Let’s keep the conversation going. What don’t we know about you? Leave a comment here or on Facebook.